Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Bluff Ridge 5K

My kids were off track and it was Friday and Brandon
was for once home on his day off.  Well he actually
was working but not his normal job.  He took
the seats out of the car for work and the kids
got creative and used their imagination!
I think it was a bus or maybe just a car.
Riley was the driver and used wood
blocks tilled up for the gas and break..
It kept them occupied for a while. Oh what
it would be like to be a kid again! 



Later we got ready to run the Bluff Ridge Elementary
5K.  The girls only ran a couple of times to prepare
so when it was time to race Riley was not to thrilled
about running. It was my 2nd 5K and my first with the
kids so I was pretty excited. I ran a head with Paige
and Brandon stayed back with Riley who finally
caught up with us so we could finish together. 
I think running with friends was her motivator!
I'm proud of my kids for running.  It's tough
to run that long with such little legs.  I know I probably
could not have so young.
Grandma and Grandpa Gardner hung out with
Sierra and Owen waiting to cheer us on at the finish
line. 


Afterwards we ate a spaghetti dinner at the carnival.
Then let the kids bounce and slide the rest of the night. 


No comments: