Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Trip to Idaho Falls

My mom has been bugging me for the past 2 years
to go to Idaho for the 4th of July. We usually
spend it up in Bear Lake. This year we made my
mom happy and went to Idaho.

Riley and Maverick-Grandpa's new puppy he got
for Fathers Day. It is a Blue Healer. His last
Blue Healer got stolen. It would go with him everywhere
on the farm. And would help him round up his cows each
year. Such a cute puppy!

Paige and Sierra playing with Grandma's Karaoke machine.

We went swimming at Heise Hot springs.

Bran and I took Paige and Sierra down the water slide.
They loved it! Riley was still to scared. So being the nice
mom that I am I took her up the stairs crying and down
the slide crying. And 1 minute later she wanted to go
down it again. I guess Mom's always know whats best!
Sierra soaking up the sun with mom.

Sierra loved dangling her feet in the water.


Paige was not too coordinated with her life jacket
at first. But by the end of the day she had it down good.
Now time to learn how to water ski!


After swimming Grandpa and Grandma took us
out to pizza. Our family favorite!




We then went to Grandpa's Cabin. He has about 180 acres
of property. He lets his herd of cows roam there during the
summer. It is such a fun place! The girls loved it!

Grandpa and Brandon made dutch oven dinner.
And Bran made peach cobbler. Yum!

My sister, Karissa and the girls!


This is not the best picture. But they were moving.
This is the merry go round. It was made with a metal
poll in the middle with a metal wagon wheel at top
with 4 rope swings hanging from it. The girls sat
on the board and grandpa swung them around.

The pond on his property.


This is the famous leaning tree that finally leaned
right out of the ground.
Paige does not look to happy because she stepped
in a cow pie which are everywhere.

I had so much fun with my husband. I love him so much!
He is such a good looking man! I am so lucky!

The girls thought these swings were fun! Different
then the ones we have at home.

Paige ringing the Bell.

Grandpa ringing the "It's time to eat" Bell!

Me and the puppy! I actually was holding him because
he was scared of the fireworks we were setting off.


Grandpa taking the girls on a little walk.

Grandma and the girls with their glow lights.
I did not have very good pictures but the girls
loved dancing on the stage and singing around
the fire pit. Grandpa's property was full of
thing to do.



On Saturday we decided to float the river.
This is us waiting for Brandon and Grandpa to
blow up the rafts. Grandma is always so good
to read to the girls and teach them new things.
Probably because she was a school teacher.
Riley is learning to read.

Riley rode on a raft with Grandma and Grandpa
the first half of the river.
Paige and Sierra rode with Bran and I.

The first rapid we went over had a huge dip in it and
the poor girls who were all in front of the rafts while
the adults paddled got soaked by the huge wall of water
that came up over our raft. But they still enjoyed it and
were not too scared to go down the 3rd rapid.
We emptied the girls out for the 2nd rapid and
Brandon and I just went down. It was a little too rough
for them. Floating the river was Riley's favorite!


Later that day we headed out to the falls for a BBQ and
fireworks. Idaho Falls has the best fireworks we had
ever seen. They do a good job. It was like watching a finale
for 15-20 minutes. And it was fun to have music that
coordinated with it.
We all had such a fun time!

Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa
for the fun weekend!


6 comments:

Larson's said...

Holy smokes you guys did a lot. Looks like lots of fun!

Emily said...

Fun, fun weekend. Makes me want to be outside.

You made me miss one thing about Idaho. We used to see the fireworks off the falls every year growing up.

Ah, memories.

You have such a cute family. Love those girls.

Larson's said...

You look great! But, I don't think you could possible get any tinier. Maybe it's that marathon you did!

TIDWELLS said...

such a fun weekend.. I love all your pictures.

The Lillians said...

Looks like you had a great time! We miss you guys and the neighborhood :)

Rachael said...

I didn't realize how long I have looked at blogs until I saw like 50 I haven't seen from you. Your kids are so lucky they have a place like that to visit. It looked like so much fun. They will have such good memories.