Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Michael's Engagement


When ever we go visit my mom in Idaho Falls
we always pack our days with so many activities.
This day Brandon and I decided to start the day off
at the Rexberg Temple. We had to get up at 5:30 A.M. to
make it to the 7:30 session. Way to early for me!
However, we were lucky enough to be the witness couple,
which kept me awake and alert!
Ironically the two times we have been asked to be the
witness couple were both when we were out of town.
Once in Rexberg and the other in Navoo.

I love going to the temple, specially with my
sweet husband!





We were planning on riding the horses when we got
back from the temple. Riley rode first and got bucked off
pretty hard. Her poor inner upper leg was swollen and had a
bruise the size of a soft ball from the horn of the saddle.
Grandma and I took turns reading her books
to keep her mind of the pain and trauma.
Riley was hurting the rest of the day. It hurt her
to even sit up. She did not dare even walk for 2 days. I carried
her everywhere.
She said, "I don't want to ride a horse ever again".
Of course she would say that, but I know she'll try it again.



Later that day we went to the falls for a picnic.
Riley was exhausted from crying that she took a nap in
the car.
Uncle Mikel is so good to play with the girls!
Mikel lifted Paige up so she could hang on to the high
branches of the tree.
Paige loved watching the squirrel get closer and closer
to them.

The falls were so pretty and impressive.



Me and my sisters, Karissa and Kami.

The Idaho Falls Temple. So beautiful!


Okay the reason for our family visiting Grandma and
Grandpa Avery was to celebrate with my little brother,
Michael for his wedding engagement to Skyla!
My brother wanted the entire family up there
to surprise Skyla at the olive Garden in Idaho Falls.

Branson, Kristie, Mom, John, Skyla, Michael, Paige, Mikel, Kami, Michelle, Patrick and Karissa


Kami, Kristie, Skyla, Michelle and Karissa

Michael is the creative romantic one in our family.
He took Skyla on a morning hike by the water falls,
which she thought was a nice gesture for her birthday the
weekend before. But little did she know that Michael was
going to be serenading her with his guitar and signing
a song he wrote for her.
My brothers friends set up cameras before hand to get it
all on film. He asked Skyla to be his wife right above the falls
and she said, "Yes"!

We are so happy for you Michael and Skyla!
Skyla we are happy that you're going to be apart of our family!
You make a wonderful couple!

From how much I know Skyla I couln't be more happy for Michael
picking such a wonderful person to marry!

Skyla and Michael

No comments: