Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Halloween Party

 Riley asked me a couple of months before Halloween
if she could have a friend party.  I really did not
want to add that to the craziness of the holidays but
Riley insisted and I caved.  She and her sisters got
right to work.  They planned games and crafts and 
made decorations and decided to do a scary play for the
 guests.  It started out just her and her sisters and then she 
recruited a friend, Sydnee Tidwell who was more then 
happy to help out.  Riley made invitations 
and delivered them.  It was the real deal and so I
thought I'd better make sure what she is doing 
for the party.  I came to find out that she had 
so many things planned and not enough time.
I helped her organize her party and made cookies
for her to decorate.  I gave her some craft stuff to 
use and Halloween games I already had. 
She even borrowed a fog machine from her uncle
for the spooky play. Riley let her sisters invite
a friend as well.  Not everyone was able to come
and not all could stay the entire time but Riley
did a great job and they all had fun.  
I just told Riley never again.  I mean that in 
the nicest way.  I just can't handle my daughter
having this party consume all of her time.
She would come home from school and get right
to planning the party and to practicing the play.
I'm just glad it is over! 


In her play her sisters acted like the scared 
wandering kids while she was the ghost and Sydnee
got to be the mummy.  I think!  The toilet paper
did not quite stay on! 

No comments: