Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Under the sea Party

Sierra had her first friend birthday party.
She picked an "Under the Sea" themed party.
Sierra and I had so much fun planning her party.
Sierra has a summer birthday and
she just started Kindergarten so she did not
know that many girls in her class yet.
But we invited them all and hoped for the best.

I made this Mermaid Sign for the party.


 
It was a pretty warm day and we needed some
shade so we put up the "easy up" and
decorated it like it was under the sea. 


The girls liked eating fish snacks and
coloring Mermaid pictures as a break
from the heat. 



 I was not quite sure what do do for an outside
water party.  I looked into renting these
blow up slides and decided that for only twice
the amount to rent I could own one and get more
then one day use out of it.
When I told Sierra I was getting a slide for her 
party she screamed.  She and the other kids were
so excited! 
And it made for such an easy fun party. 


These are some of Sierra's friends from school
and the neighbor hood enjoying some shade and 
pop sickles.  Poor Sierra does not have a lot 
of girls her age around the neighbor
hood.  So I'm sure in the future I'll be making 
play dates with her friends from school. 


All the girls were so cute watching Sierra
open her presents.  And it was fun seeing
Sierra's excitement with each gift.  I love
watching my kids during their first friend party. 



After water slides, games, pop sickles and presents
Sierra sent her friends home with a cup cake
and a frozen party favor. 


No comments: