Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

College Open House


I wish I could say I was the one going to college but
my turn will have to be later.
My baby sister is going to college! 
And away from home.  Well, from her home.
She is closer to me and my other sister Kami
but farther from her home and mom in Idaho.
Karissa is going to UVU
Utah Valley University

The school had an open house for all the freshman
and their family, so we made a night of it. 
The university president and some other important
people which I'm not sure who because I was busy taking
 care of a busy 2 year old, spoke and bored my poor children.
After wards there was some good free food and
music to enjoy.  
My sister is staying in an apartment close to
campus and sharing it with 5 other girls.
They all have there own room and share
a kitchen and two bathroom vanities and 3 bathrooms
with showers.  She has it pretty good for most. 
I wish I had that opportunity.  Man, where was the money
when I wanted to go to college!  Working a full time
job and going to school full time on my own
pocket book was not the easiest.  I guess that's
why Brandon's particular interest in me was
great timing!  Actually I do wish I would have
finished before my sweet kids came along.
So I hope my sister gets the chance to finish
and make something for herself. 

I'm Proud of you sis!  Hang in there! 
College life rocks! 

No comments: