Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Riley's Special Day

My sweet Riley turned 8!
And on her birthday she got to get
Baptized!
She was so excited to get baptized!
I made her a Baptism book for her
to write about her baptism and
to put pictures in it. It also had
a place for friends and family to
write in in.
I was so happy and filled with Joy.
The minute I walked into the church
that day and saw some family
members the tears started to flow.
That morning my dear friend came
over and did Riley's hair up nice and tight
and so cute for her baptism. She also
did Paige and Sierra's for me too.
I have such awesome friends!
Riley picked the opening and
closing songs for the program.
Her primary teacher, Bro. Raymond
gave a wonderful talk. His wife,
Mandy, the Primary President
had everything prepared and was
so wonderful to support Riley.
Riley was the only one in our ward
getting baptized that day. So it
made it even more special.

Riley loved having her friends there.
Riley, Taebia, Elyssa and Hallie



So many friends and family came
to support Riley on her special day.
We have such great neighbors and family
who were willing to get all dressed up on a
Saturday to come and support Riley,
and for family to drive so far to be there.

These are just a few pictures of those
that came.
Grandpa Corrigan


Uncle Mikel, Aunt Kami and Cousin Emery


Uncle Michael and Aunt Skyla


Aunt Karissa


Grandpa and Grandma Gardner


Great Grandpa Gardner and Lois



Grandpa and Grandma Avery


Great Grandmother and Grandpa Noffsinger


Brenda and Great Grandpa LeCheminant



After Riley's luncheon at the house
we celebrated her birthday.
She asked for strawberry shortcake
with nothing on it. So notice that
sweet Grandma left a section just
for her!


She opened presents. Brandon and I
got her new scriptures with her name
engraved on them. She was so happy!

Grandpa and Grandma G. got her a
beautiful picture of Christ to hang in
her room. That is something she'll
have for ever.


Grandma Avery a week before
her birthday took her out to
pick out her favorite fabric and
made her a blanket.


After it died down a bit and
everyone went home Grandpa
and Grandma Avery treated us all
to lobster and Steak. And Riley
got a birthday dessert.

It was a beautiful day and I'm so
thankful for my sweet Riley.
She is such a good girl and
I'm so proud of her!

I LOVE YOU RILEY!!!

1 comment:

Mjika said...

What a nice day she had. Thanks for letting us be a part of it.
And I loved the book! Too cute!