Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Stomach Flu & Pure at Heart

We all hear that children at a young age
are innocent and pure. And sometimes we
argue that when they fight with their
siblings and sometimes say mean
words. But I thought a little more
about children being innocent and
realized that yes they are innocent and
pure at heart but not perfect. I guess in
my mind I associated those as the same. When
in fact they are not the same. None of us on this
earth is perfect. But last night at two in the morning
this just gave me another example of why my children
are pure in heart. Riley woke up puking her guts out
and in between puking and trying to breath she blurts
out that tomorrow is P.E. day and that she did
not want to miss school. I'm sure that will change
in a few years when she hates school. I got her all
cleaned up and settled on the couch with a bucket, when
she said something else so pure and innocent. I remember
mentioning this to her once before but I guess she
remembered it clearly. Riley said, "I can't wait until
Jesus comes again." I asked her why and she said, "so
we can all be resurrected and never get sick again."
I'm glad she associates Christ's coming with
being well and happy.
I'm so grateful for my children. They teach me how
to see the good in things and that life is not really
as complicated as we make it.

4 comments:

Jill said...

She is such a good girl and you are a good Mom to have taught her so well.

Larson's said...

You are an amazing mother and teach your children so well.

Chalyse said...

How sweet!!! what a great example to look for the good in a bad situation!!! Oh, congrats again on being preggie!!! we are so excited for you guys!!! It would be kinda sad to think about being done and having your last pregancy and baby!!

ThatGirl said...

I Just wanna say i have the BEST Nieces in the Entire World! I Love them so much! And i am so lucky , and Grateful to have such a wonderful person to watch my precious Little Girl. Even though it will be So so very hard to leave her when i go back to work, i feel a little better knowing what good hands she is in. Love you Kristie!