Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Wolf Mountain

We tried a new ski hill and the kids ended up liking
it.  The lift was a pain though.  Way to high for the
kids to get on.  I've always had to lift  Sierra on 
because she is so little but Paige and Riley
  jump and hope they get on.  One time
when Paige was behind us in the line, tried
getting on and slipped to the ground and had
to duck so she did not get hit by the lift.  
They seriously need to build it up under the
lift.  They told us they could slow it down but
they did not realize that was not the problem. 
Oh well. 






Owen made good progress with Brandon on 
the magic carpet and the small sloped hill
next to it.  He skied without Brandon and
learned to turn and snow plow.  It is so cute. 



 The video quality is not the best.  You can kind of
tell what Brandon is teaching Owen.  Brandon puts
his hands to one side and Owen copies him with 
his hands and it helps him learn to turn. After
trying a few times Owen said to Brandon, "Dad
I don't have to use my hands".   So cute! 





My girls were pretty fearless.  They wanted me to 
go off the box but I knew better! 
Sierra goes nice and easy over the box but
cruises down the hill after and it makes Brandon
and I nervous.  But she is pretty in control of what
she does.  She knows her limits.  Where as Paige
just goes for it and had some good crashes.  



Paige said she like the feeling of getting air!
She also said by the end of the day that she
wanted to try boarding.  Maybe next year.
Once thing at a time.



Riley  has surprised me skiing.  She really has got
into it and does a pretty good job.  She is still 
scared of the lift hight like me and the really steep
hills but she was daring enough to go on the box
and other jumps.










No comments: