Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Grandpa Noffsinger

My sweet Grandpa 
Daniel Theodore Noffsinger
my Mom's Dad passed away
July, 17th



His funeral was Saturday the 20th.
It was such a nice funeral service.
I loved hearing all the stories about him.
Some I knew most I did not.  I loved
taking that day to honor him and the
man that he was.  He was such a loving
honorable man. 

He had been sick for a few years and was not getting
better.  It was wonderful to know that he is able
to be with his sweet wife Annie, my Grandma.
It's been about 30 years since she passed away
and they've been apart.  He was blessed in that
time apart to be married to Grandmother Pat 
who took care of him.  She is a wonderful lady
 and has been so good for Grandpa.


My mom was so grateful we could go to her dads
funeral to honor him.  All I ever heard my Mom say
about her dad was positive things.  I know she loves
and thinks the world of him. 
She was asked to speak at his funeral.  I guess being
the oldest child she got that honor.  
I loved watching Owen point out pictures of Grandpa
on the video at the church and say, 
 "Mom that is Grandpa" even though he had only seen
him a few times.  

I loved my Grandpa and loved the life he lived as
an example to me. 
My mom (Cheryl), Kristie, Michael, Karissa, Kate and Kami

No comments: