Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Syracuse Heritage Days

For the Syracuse Heritage Days parade people started
saving seats the afternoon before.  Crazy specially
since the parade is made up of, advertisements, Dance
companies and a few school groups.  There was only
one float which was from a donut place and by the
time they got to us which was only half way they
were out of the free donuts they were handing out. 
Kind of a bummer parade as usual but the kids 
enjoy the candy.  Brandon was out of town for 
youth conference so at 6:30 I got up and ran over to 
try and grab a spot in the shade for us during the
parade.   My sister and her daughter Emery
watched it with us. 




My favorite part of the parade was the random
Princesses through out the parade walking. 
Princess Bell was nice enough to snap a picture
with my girls.   


After the parade we went home to get our choirs done
and then we blew up the water slide and the kids
and their friends played all day.  
After a day in the sun we headed back over to the
park to hear my dad play in his band.
I liked just sitting here listening and the kids
did pretty good granted we brought their parade
candy to keep them busy.  Two of my sisters 
joined us as well.  Kami and Karissa.  


My dad plays bass and is on the right in the black
shirt.  Oh my gosh it was one hundred degrees 
that day and even the shade it was uncomfortable. 
But the band, Echo sounded good.  
My dad even played a little on the keyboard for
a few songs.  I think he liked having some of his
daughters there to watch.  






Not that we wanted to spend a fortune on the dumb
old rides but I promised the kids and I love seeing
them giggle and smile.  Which Owen and Sierra
did on the small roller coaster.  




No comments: