Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Grandma's House Day 1

First Night and Day 1 at Grandma's House


The girls were off track and my mom needed her new
garage addition wired so we made a vacation out of it.
The kids were so excited to visit Grandma and Grandpa
on the farm.  We took off Thursday after dinner
and of course they all dosed off before we got there.
Owen was so funny though.  He loves his hat and 
wanted it down over his eyes to block the sun
and ended up falling a sleep with it covering his face.
I tried to take it off and he woke up and got mad.  So
we left it.  And he slept most of the way there with his
hat covering his face. 


The first day we got up to watch the men
corral the cows so they could get them
on to a big truck to take them to the cabin 
for the summer.  Grandma couldn't have
been more happy taking the kids around
the farm telling them about everything.
And Sierra and Owen loved Grandma's
attention. 


Owen took a special liking to the dogs.
The dogs followed Owen around and he loved it. 




Paige and Riley got outside before all of us because
they were so excited.  Grandpa let them be on the truck
as it went around the farm unloading hay for the cows.
The girls just giggled and squealed as the cows 
surrounded them. 


The men had to separate the cows and bulls from the
calfs so they did not get trampled in the transfer to
the cabin.  So after the cows and bulls were out
I let the girls go in with the calfs.  They still kept their
distance even though the calfs were scared of them. 


It was very intriguing to watch all the cows
load up in the truck.  I believe Grandpa
has more then 50 cows.  Brandon got
such a kick out of corralling the cows
and ended up using the cow shocker. 





Riley was so excited to see and feed
the baby cow that was not doing so well. 


And sister had to give it a try too. 



Brandon and I loved having no schedule
and just doing what ever and being together. 
My mom took this picture unknown to us
but I love it!  I remember talking with him
at that moment and I just love my sweet 
Husband! 



After we got the cows in the truck we packed
a lunch and headed for the cabin.
Owen loved ringing the big bell at
Grandpa's cabin. 


We went on a small hike up the mountain
and the kids loved finding their own walking sticks. 



After an afternoon at the cabin Grandma
and Paige made apple pie. 



And Riley cut the grass for Grandma.
She thought she was so mature
being allowed to mow. 


Brandon and I got back to work wiring
the garage.  Brandon taught me a few things. 
I know it's not something I'd enjoy doing 
all day and every day like Brandon though. 
But it was fun working together. 



For dinner Grandma and Grandpa treated
us to dinner at an all you can eat Pizza,
pasta and salad restaurant.
My kids ate great which is always nice
when you go out to eat.  


No comments: