Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

At the Zoo


Brandon and I wanted to take the kids to the
zoo for a long time now but could never 
find a Friday he was off while the kids 
were off track.  So there happened to be
a free day while the kids were off track and
so my sister Kami and her daughter, the kids
and I went to the Hogle Zoo. 
They were doing major construction
and so a ton of stuff was closed off. 
We started off with some monkeys and
Owen was very nervous.  Then we went
to see the gorillas and that made Owen
tense up and cry.  He wouldn't even
stand by the statue with the girls Same with 
the Elephants. But after holding Owen for
a bit and telling him what the Elephant
was doing he calmed down and was
a little less scared. 



We got to the seals and he was fascinated with them.
We watched them play together for a while. 
It was the first thing he was not afraid of. 



The polar bear was fun to watch.  He would swim
and flip over and swim on his back and start over 
again.  He did that a good 20 or more times. 



I was surprised after seeing the tigers that Owen would sit on the
Tiger statue with the girls.  But I guess he was not afraid of
tigers because he kept calling them "Big Kitty Cat"!


We were lucky enough to see a wolf which
really looks like a dog and harmless. So cute! 


We played in the shop for a bit and the kids
really wanted a stuffed animal.  I told them no
but then had Kami help me be sneak and buy them so
 I could surprise them for Christmas. 





No comments: