Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

New Earrings

Riley came home from school with her friend Hallie
and was trying to get me to take them to the mall
so Riley could get her ears pierced. I had always
told her she had to wait until she was 12 years
old since that is my rule as a kid. But as I got
thinking I realized that if she really wanted
to pierce her ears now than it would be the same
as when she was 12. So I told her. "sure". But
Brandon wanted to come to and we were busy
that night so she bugged us again the next day.
So we took her to the mall. So was a little nervous
but ready to be brave. We should have done it on a day
when there was two workers so she could pierce both ears
at the same time. She held perfectly still for the first one and
was very brave, but after feeling the pain she did not want
the 2nd ear ring and wanted to go home with one. Of course
I said she could not go home with one ear ring. She cried
and screamed and even an hour later and the mall was closing
she still would not hold still and let the lady pierce her 2nd ear.
Finally Brandon had to hold her her head and I her arms. We
felt so bad but she wanted them pierced and only seconds later
she was smiling through her tears. I think she looks so darling with
them. She picked the Crystal fireball ear rings. She was so excited
to show all her friends and family.


This is the before picture!

This is after the first piercing. She wanted to sit
on my lap for the second one.

This is her red blotchy face after putting up a
fight for the second one.

And this is the next day as happy as can be.

No comments: