Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Spring cleaning

Okay so I hate spring cleaning. So I put it off 
until I can put it off no more. I have never
cleaned my blinds like this before. But
after living in my house for 4 years I thought
it was time. I've tried to spot clean them in the 
house but this gets them looking brand new. 

Oh believe me it is a pain. It took me 3 days. 
Of course I'm sure I could get them all done in one
Saturday if my kids were not trying to help. But 
they were too cute helping. 



I laid out an old blanket and sprayed and scrubbed them. 
Then sprayed them again and then moved them to
another blanket to dry. What a process. I have 11 sets of 
blinds in my house. 
I am so glad they are done. I've heard you can pay someone
about 75 dollars to clean them for you but my husbands 
rule is if you can do it yourself then DO IT. 
I would agree with that rule maybe to teach my  kids
the lesson of Hard Hard Hard work but for me umm
maybe next time I'll pay. 
It was not worth the back pain from spending 5-15 minutes
on each blind just trying to get it  unhooked from the wall. 
Oh not to mention me standing on a 3 inch ledge above my
stairs to get those blinds down. 

I'm glad they are done and they do look awesome!

Next time I pay or its Brandon's job!!!

4 comments:

Jill said...

You are so good. I was so proud of you that was a lot of work.

Rachael said...

You convinced me to pay someone when I do it. I just won't tell Jeff cause I know he will say the same thing Brandon does...they are Gardner's after all.

Burton Family said...

I did that same thing about 2 years ago and I have vowed the same thing. Ryans job or we pay. It was a HUGE pain!!!

Mindy Burns said...

$75 bucks? That's it? Tell Brandon he can also cut his own hair, but wouldn't.......hopefully! You are awesome for doing that!!! I barely even dust mine......